The roots of our company date back to the beginning of the 20th century. Originally the core business was casting bronze and non-ferrous metals into the form of bars, tubes and plates. After WW II, in 1949, a bronze foundry was set up in Zell am See, Austria, and Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics was established . The founder and owner Dr. Rudolf Klepsch learned in 1951 about Polyamide and had the vision that this new material would push out bronze in many applications. In 1956 Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics introduced a new product line: Engineering Plastics.
Being one of the first European suppliers of extruded and injection molded nylons and acetals, Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics developed rapidly. In 1960 the company was moved to Kaprun, during 1964 Tecnoplast in South Italy was started. A little later cast nylon production was established, first as a profit center and later as a separate company, today Polytech.
Sheet production of ABS, polystyrene in co-extrusion for the thermoforming and display industry was the next step ahead and was also the beginning of Senoplast. To be able to concentrate on the various fields, do research, development, and sophisticated production of each quality product, the Klepsch-Group today consists of various independent companies, all owned by the Klepsch family.
Always striving to improve service to our customers, Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics set up the logistic center NetShape SAS for the French market based in Lyon in 2002.
Also in 2002, Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics established ZL Engineering Plastics with two fully stocked warehouses and service-centers located in Buena Park (CA) and Lenexa (KS) in the USA.